Follow by Email

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 48 - New area, New responsibilities ...AGAIN!

Oh yeah my pday has changed to Saturdays for the next couple of months (I guess that means Fridays in America), sorry I forgot to warn you about that but I kind of had a lot on my mind haha. I'm a little jealous that I wont get to see the rematch of BYU-Texas, hopefully it'll be a repeat of last year. If not it doesn't really matter I guess, that's one of the blessings of the mission is that life moves on pretty quickly regardless of what's going on in the real world.

First week in the new area was absolutely exhausting, but some of the most fun I've ever had. I will admit that I have been less than successful at working out in the mornings lately so being companions with Elders Jensen and Kumar has been one of the best things like could happen to me. We laugh so frequently throughout the day that my abs literally hurt from the workout. 

Last night after getting home rather late around 10 o'clock (our assignment usually requires early mornings and late evenings), we decided to open up one of my birthday presents early. As soon as I caught a peak I burst up the stairs to unwrap it privately...about 5 minutes later I came downstairs when they least expected it and one of the most epic battles in the history of the Quezon City North Mission ensued. The casualties of this nelf war were many and we would like to thank and blame mom for this beautifully atrocious war that took place on the hollow grounds of our apartment. 

Sadly enough Elder Jensen will be leaving us this upcoming Wednesday....only Elder Kumar and I will be left to hold down the fort here in the office. 
I feel like I am settling down into the new calling already, I just hope my body can keep up with my mind haha it is certainly not easy work but it's fulfilling, and I know the Lord will strengthen me to overcome my own weaknesses so He can build this mission. I am just so grateful to have Elder Jensen and Kumar to show me the ropes. I couldn't think of 2 better missionaries in the world and I can't wait for 6 more weeks with Elder Kumar. 
This is the second time that Elder Jensen has trained me in the mission and I must have done something right in the Pre-existence to get so spoiled. I could write a novel and it would not even begin to describe my appreciation and love for Elder Jensen. I seriously owe my mission and the direction of the rest of my life to that man. It never ceases to amaze me how one simple positive influence can have an eternal consequence in the life of another. It has taught me the depth of promise offered by our Savior, Jesus Christ. If one imperfect elder could change my disposition and attitude so drastically by mere example, how much more can the Redeemer of Mankind change me through His perfect example and unyielding atonement.

I only hope that I can too in turn extend an encouraging phrase or loving action that might motive, lift, and inspire others in similar fashion to the many helping hands that have been offered to me over the years. 
Elder Krueger T


The "Big Three"
Sporting the suit

Quezon City North Mission AP's
Elder Kumar, Elder Krueger, Elder Jensen

AP's:  One old, One new, One ameritus


No comments:

Post a Comment