Follow by Email

Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 20 - Learn from mistakes

Its been a good week and I certainly have learned a lot. Though I must be honest with my email in saying that these have been the toughest two weeks of my life and I would be a liar if I said I wasn't already excited for transfer day. Nevertheless I am trying to humble myself and do all I can to make the next 4 weeks work as best as possible. I am slowly coming to learn the simple but fantastic fact that through Christ I can do all things. While sometimes I feel He gives me space for a time to allow me to develop on my own, I have come to realize He is never far from me and is always watching and supporting my cause if it be righteous. 

I would like to share a quick experience from a mistake I made this week. For the first time on my mission I slept in passed 6:30AM. For some reason the alarm wasn't set but I woke up around 6:25 out of habit anyways without it. I knew it was time to get up because I could tell what time it was by the amount of light outside the window, I also had a strong voice in my head telling me to get up. However, I justified that since the alarm hadn't gone off there must still be some time left to sleep. Well next thing I knew it was 7:30 and while I rushed to get ready and still managed to start my study just 10 minutes late, I knew I was in for some trouble. That was the worst day I've had, it was as if the Lord completely withdrew His strength from me because of my disobedience to His promptings. You would think that with an extra hour of sleep the day would be far better, but I was far more tired, sore, grumpy, alone/abandoned, and just plain weak all the day long. Needless to say I will never be getting up passed 6:27AM again. I believe the Lord taught me a lesson that I can't make it a single day without His strength and hand continually supporting me. The more humbling experiences I have, the better I come to know my Savior and my own nothingness without Him. 

The area is not doing as well as we would like we only had 1 investigator at church this week which means he will be the only person qualified for his baptismal date. We will reset all of our other investigators bapt dates and try to find out the underlying issue as to why they are kept from coming to church consistently. A lot of the people we teach in our area got mad that I didn't tell them Elder Jensen was leaving, it was kind of funny I didn't know what to say cause we only find out transfers 24 hours before they happen haha. We are trying to find new potential priesthood holders as well to strengthen the priesthood holders already in the area because of the impending split that is suppose to happen. Needless to say the ward is going to have a very busy March trying to get ready for this split! It should be an interesting next couple of weeks! 

I hope all is well back home and that the good times keep on rollin! Oh yeah I almost forgot the tender mercy from the Lord came on Saturday when all the foreign missionaries had to go to SM (the big mall) to get pictures taken because of visa problems, and I got to see all my batch, Elder Jensen, Bustillo, Kumar, Redder, and all those cool cats. It was a glorious event!! Oh and we also got a new bakla investigator, which now makes 6 I think lol. That was a pretty funny story Elder S and our investigator got in a fight over whether he should be called Brother John or Sister Joanna, good times good times. 

Kaya nating gawin ito,
Elder Krueger T

Dinner at the Espiritu family and burning the 12 week program upon completion
(photo from last transfer but just got it.  No new photos from this transfer)


No comments:

Post a Comment